Well, I jump at the invitation, the plan was to see if we could locate an area where the helicopter could drop us off, then pick us up later on that day. I met my nephew David at the Airport, and after a short meeting with the pilot to explain "the plan" we were in the air. It never ceases to amaze me, how a hour and a half drive, can be a 10 minute flight.
It didn't take long at all to reach the river and locate a good looking area to prospect. We had one problem, there was no spot for us to land for a long way, up or down the river. This area was just too steep! But there was a very large rock outcropping in the middle of the area we were looking at. The pilot informed me he could hold a helicopter on the rock while we got out. After a short discussion we decided that was the plan. If everything comes together, we will fly in next week, so this is a - to be continued blog!
I just hope I can climb off that damn rock.